Top tips from our home loan experts
Get your search for a new home off to the right start with basic information you need to know.
Secure a down payment.
Since you don’t have equity from a current home to apply as a down payment, you’ll need other down payment options. The Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Veterans Administration (VA), and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) have set up valuable programs that serve to alleviate the need for large amounts of ready cash.
Other options include down payment assistance programs and low-to-moderate-income programs.
With loan preapproval,* you’ll know exactly how much home you can afford, so you can shop with more confidence. Check with an Evergreen Home Loans™ loan officer and see if you qualify for our Security Plus Seller Guarantee®. Sellers sometimes prefer offers featuring our Security Plus Seller Guarantee over higher proposals.
Before your visit with an Evergreen loan officer, have the following items ready:
- Your most recent pay stub (or stubs if buying a home jointly with a spouse)
- W-2 statements for the last two years
- Bank statements for the last two months (all pages)
- Year-to-date profit/loss and balance sheets (if you’re self-employed or work commission sales), as well as tax returns for the last two years
Find a qualified real estate agent.
If you don’t already have a professional real estate agent working for you, we can help you find one. The right agent will search listings with your priorities and goals in mind, from a fenced backyard to a walk-in closet.
* Depending on your personal circumstances, more or less information may be required. Preapproval is not a commitment to lend and is subject to satisfactory loan conditions, including a completed application and property appraisal. Other terms and restrictions apply. Not all products available. Security Plus Seller Guarantee: Applies to purchase loans only. To qualify, the buyer’s Security Plus Approval/Seller Guarantee Addendum must have been issued by Evergreen Home Loans, and the seller shall have executed the addendum with his or her signature at the time the seller executes the Purchase And Sale Agreement on the subject property. Certain loan types do not qualify for this offer. Restrictions apply. Ask for details.